An Australian company must register with the Australian Securities and Investment Commission (ASIC) as either a proprietary company or a public company. There are no residency restrictions on shareholders and no general minimum capital requirements for an Australian company. A company can be established with a single shareholder.
A company wishing to apply to ASIC for registration must:
- Ensure that the company’s name is available;
- Complete and lodge the relevant application form and documents;
- Have a registered office in Australia; and
- Have at least one resident director.
How can we help you?
- Obtaining an Australian Business Number (ABN), a Tax File Number (TFN) and GST registrations.
- Registration with ASIC and complying with requirements.
- Provision of notification of internal changes including Registered Office, Directors and Share Capital.
- Filing of an Annual Statement with ASIC.
- Submission of relevant financial statements.
- Applications for exemptions from filing.
We are agents for ASIC and will incorporate the company with the desired shareholders and directors and attend to lodgements of the relevant documents with ASIC.